The Admissions Process
Even though we walk with a man from detox to diploma the single most important factor for admittance into Destiny Village program is a man's attitude. Each incoming applicant is interviewed to see if he has a sincere desire to find physical, emotional and spiritual help. We have found that we cannot help a man until he is ready to admit he needs help and is willing to let God help him.
- We require that a man interested in the program phone us to discuss why he desires to enter the program.
- In order to determine eligibility and appropriateness for our program a man will need to be forthcoming with the following information: current situation; reason for wanting to enter program; name, age, address, and phone number; occupation and work history; marital status and number of dependents; how his family will be cared for while here; type of addiction and number of years in it; previous rehabilitation programs attended; current court charges; complete criminal history; and medical problems requiring special attention
- All face to face interviews will be scheduled by the program director and set during normal working hours. Weekend appointments will require special arrangements.
- The personal interview should in no way be interpreted as automatic acceptance into the program. Its purpose is to discern if a man is truly ready to receive help and to determine how we can best meet his particular needs.
- We require that a man be completely off drugs or alcohol at least three days prior to the interview. If any further detoxification is needed, we can provide assistance.
- Persons requiring medication or medical attention will have their situation reviewed on an individual basis.